FYI - {was RE: heartbeat + ldirectord (for LVS)}

To: ha-linux List <linux-ha@xxxxxx>, "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FYI - {was RE: heartbeat + ldirectord (for LVS)}
Cc: 'Alan Robertson' <alanr@xxxxxxx>
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:08:25 -0800
> > > how does one add a VIP/ip to heartbeat via haresources and
> > have it take
> > > effect without killing the current setup? killlall -HUP
> > heartbeat or my
> > > init.d/heartbeat reload don't seem to do the trick.
> >

> > I just sent out an email explaining that heartbeat can't do this.
> >
> > But, if you want, you can manually cause it to happen, and
> > heartbeat will
> > maintain it on both sides afterwards.
> >
> > 1) Update haresources on both machines
> > 2) run /etc/ha.d/resource.d/IPaddr your-addr-here start on
> > the side you want
> > to own the address...

FYI the address did appear but it didn't seem to pass traffic for LVS.
Ldirectord did not "take over", even with usual reload mechanisms on
ldirectord or heartbeat.  Probably a solution not using ldirectord would be
fine..

Thanks again for the help.  A manual failover to the redundant LVS box
initiated the new vip properly.

All, avez un bon weekend.

Peter