Ottawa Linux Symposium 26-29 Jun 2002

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ottawa Linux Symposium 26-29 Jun 2002
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:19:48 -0500
Since some of you wrote to me asking about conferences
after last year's OLS, I'm sending out a reminder
that registration for the Ottawa Linux Symposium
has just opened up.

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2002/

This conference has the highest concentration of LVS people.
Ratz, Lars and I are regular attendees. Wensong gave a talk in
2000 and Horms gave one last year.

It's mainly a bunch of kernel hackers who go to talks,
sit around talking to each other or sit in a lounge room
outside the talks, with their laptops hacking on code,
while connected to the internet with wifi cards rented from
the organisers. A laptop isn't required (I don't bring one),
but about half the people in the talks are typing on theirs.
Bring an extension cord if your batteries don't last the
whole day, there's enough places to plug in - you need
the north american connector for 110V.

The talks range from genius level to topics I've never heard
of and don't know anything about. In 2000, many Linux luminaries
were present, but less so last year. The list of announced talks
is little short this year. I can't tell if this is too early
or that the conference is becoming progressively lower key as
people have already made contacts with each other at previous
conferences.

For write ups on past OLSs see

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~mack/LVS-meetings.html

(I have no affiliation with the OLS, I just enjoy going
and I like Ottawa).