Re: Re: LVS-Tun question / help!!!

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: LVS-Tun question / help!!!
From: "sme sme" <sme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:51:32 +0100
Thank you for your reply....

>> I have a server on the web that I am using as a Director
>> have set this up and this seems to be fine.
>> The Director has two IP's say 212.20.20.1 on eth0 (DIP)
and
>> 212.20.20.2 on eth0:1 (VIP)

>what role does the next part take in the problem?

>> I have an ADSL connection with a fixed IP for example
sake
>> 192.55.55.81
>> I also winroute running on a win98 box that dials the
ADSL
>> This machine has a port mapped any IP on port 80 to be
>> forwared to the Realserver IP 100.100.100.101 (RIP).

The role of this part follows :-

The machine that I connect to my ISP, via ADSL is running
win98 it also has a program called Winroute running on it.
This program acts as a gateway so I can have multiple
machines reaching the Internet (all traffic flows through
this machine).
It also allows one to forward requests that arrive on a
particular port in this case 80 to a specific server (in
this case the realserver). on the internal network (my
private home network)
I can reach the Internet including the Director that is a
dedicated server (hosted on the net) from the realserver as
the default GW is pointing to the win98 machine. All out
going and incomming traffic passes through the Win98
machine.

I can also receive webpages when connecting directly to the
realserver via my ADSL connection. (RIP)

.
.
>>When connecting the browser times out !

>what happens when you test it with telnet
like I told you to do in the HOWTO?

I did try and telnet as I have read your great docs inside
out .... LOL
this is what I get back .....

telnet 212.20.20.2  80
Connecting To 212.20.20.2 ...Could not open a connection to
host on port 80 :
Connect failed

While the telnet is connecting I ran ipvsadm and got this :-

IP Virtual Server version 1.0.6
(size=4096)
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler
Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port  Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  212.100.100.2 :80 rr
-> 192.55.55.81:80      Tunnel    1      0          1

Addition info with regards to what I am trying to
achieve......

What I am trying to achieve is the ability to have multiple
ADSL line's so I can host from home via ADSL.

Also a friend of mine has 2 ADSL circuits so we where going
to put a duplicate server on his home network to handle
some of the load thus giving us 4 x 256kbs upload in a
Virtual bonding environment.
Request that arrive at the Director (the dedicated server)
will then be loaded across the 4 ADSL circuits.

Mmmm does this make sense   :)

Kind regards,
SG