RE: [ANNOUNCE] tcpsp 0.0.2

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCE] tcpsp 0.0.2
From: "Jagadish Nallapaneni" <Jagadish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:50:25 -0700
Hi Wensong,

This works much better for me.

But I still have two issues related to cleanup.

1. The cleanup of sockets in the user space.   I think this should wait till
fin packets are exchanged through the splicing (See my comment below)

2. The tcpsp_conn object created by splicing module itself should be freed.

But this is great.

Thanks,

Jagadish

>Hi,

>The tcpsp version 0.0.2 (TCP Splicing) is available at the LVS web site.
>It has some minor changes:

>2002-05-20  Wensong Zhang  <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>       * tcpsp_core.c (tcp_fast_parse_timestamps): added to simply parse
>       the timestamp location.

>       * tcpsp_core.c (tcpsp_in): changed to adapt the timestamp option
>       if it is presented.

>2002-05-19  Wensong Zhang  <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>       * tcpsp_core.c (tcpsp_in): changed to reset two sockets after the
>       first data ack is received from the server.

Shouldnt the reset be deferred until both sides exchange the fin packets ?