Re: lvs synch daemon question. (fwd)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs synch daemon question. (fwd)
From: Ramon Kagan <rkagan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:06:25 -0400 (EDT)
Okay but the two masters will be masters of different director groups

ie.

service1 has master1 and slave1

service2 has master2 and slave2

service1 and service2 are complete exclusive of each other.

They just all happen to be on the same subnet.

The reason we're interested in this is because the total bandwidth needed
will be greater than a single machine can handle.  Our services on the
first cluster will have a combined bandwidth capable of 950 Mb/s at any
time , adding an additional service will put us past the Gb/s threshold.
So in the case of a single machine taking over the service I need to maintain
the ability to handle the bandwidth

So I guess the question is can two completely separate lvs clusters exist
on the same subnet?  Will the mcasts interfere with each other?

Thanks,

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@xxxxxxxx