Re: anyone used director failover in production?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: anyone used director failover in production?
From: Magnus Nordseth <magnun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 21:17:25 +0200
Joseph Mack:
> Does anyone have director failover in a production setup, when
> directors have failed and changed over automatically and you've
> only found out about it when the failover mechanism notified
> you (rather than the customers notifying you)?

We have been running lvs in a production site for about 8 months now, with
functional failover for the last 3.

We use keepalived for failover and healthchecking. The setup consists of 4
realservers (dell 2550, dual pIII 933, 1Gb RAM) and 2 directors (pII
400). The main director has only been down for maintenance or demonstration
purposes. The site has about 2 million hits per day, and the servers are
pushing between 20 and 70 Gb of data each day.

--
Magnus Nordseth