Re: Logging LVS state

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logging LVS state
From: Jeremy Kerr <kerrj01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:04:18 +0800
>ipvsadm -L -n --rate

This call does not seem getting reliable rate returns. Is that
a problem other also see or just my testing setup?

During my tests, I recorded the rate periodically (from /proc/net/ip_vs_stats), and the results I obtained are very close to what the benchmarking client had measured as the overall traffic figure. I assume the rates given by ipvsadm are the same as the ones in the proc fs.

Make sure you zero the ipvs counters before you start measuring (ipvsadm -Z).

What makes you think the results are unreliable?

Jeremy