lblc + fwmark + persist = bug?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: lblc + fwmark + persist = bug?
From: Damien CLERMONTE <damien.clermonte@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 02:11:09 +0200
[Please CC me, I'm not on the list]

Hi

I think I found an annoying bug when using lblc, fwmark and persist.
When in fwmark mode, ipvs core don't keep destination address, only fwmark.
The problem is: lblc(r) loadbalances on destination.

In my config, the netmask is 0.0.0.0 (I want all clients to use the same real
server
for a vip), and I expect the persistance to keep a dynamic mapping between vips
and
real ips. Unfortunately, as the persistance code only keeps 0.0.0.fwmark as
destination,
all the traffic goes to the same server and never switch to another...

I know that removing this special case would prevent multiple fwmark on same
vip to work,
but now a unique fwmark on multiple vips is broken!
I think the solution would be to keep both fwmark and dest and to compare both,
so both
cases would work...

Am I wrong?
Any thoughts?