Re: hidden-2.4.5-1.diff patch applyed to 2.4.18

To: Dusten Splan <Dusten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: hidden-2.4.5-1.diff patch applyed to 2.4.18
Cc: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:14:46 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Dusten Splan wrote:

> I know this question has been answered many times here befor but each time I
> try to do what is sugested in the posts I get the same error.  I am aplying
> this patch to production machines so I need to use 2.4.18 being it is the
> current stable release. What follows is the error that I receive from patch.
>
> [root@www6 linux]# pwd
> /usr/src/linux
> [root@www6 linux]# patch -p1 < ../hidden-2.4.5-1.diff
> patching file include/linux/inetdevice.h
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 17.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 45.
> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> include/linux/inetdevice.h.rej
> patching file include/linux/sysctl.h
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 325.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/linux/sysctl.h.rej
> patching file net/ipv4/arp.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 66.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 319.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 755.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 784.
> 4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/ipv4/arp.c.rej
> patching file net/ipv4/devinet.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 736.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 1017.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 1059.
> 3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/ipv4/devinet.c.rej
> patching file Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 1583 (offset 5 lines).
> patching file Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 399 with fuzz 2 (offset 7 lines).

        It works here:

root@l:/usr/src/orig/2.4/linux# cat /tmp/hidden-2.4.5-1.diff |patch -p1
--dry-run
patching file `include/linux/inetdevice.h'
patching file `include/linux/sysctl.h'
patching file `net/ipv4/arp.c'
Hunk #3 succeeded at 754 (offset -1 lines).
patching file `net/ipv4/devinet.c'
Hunk #2 succeeded at 1013 (offset -4 lines).
root@l:/usr/src/orig/2.4/linux#

> if I could just be pointed in the right direction that would help greatly.

        May be you are not using plain kernel or you are applying
patches that touch same places in kernel.

> Dusten Splan

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>