Re: lvs and ftp

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvs and ftp
From: "Arshad Khan" <khanam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:53:03 +0100
I have a LVS-nat set up with two realservers with round robin scheduling. It
works fine except that when the director connects to the second realserver
when there is one connection already, there is a a delay of about a minute
or so before it connects. Anyone know why that is hapenning and how I can
sort it out.
Secondly, I masquaraded the ftp traffic from realservers to the ftp servers
on the internet via the director. But the problem is that as far as I know
it needs entries of the ftp servers in the /etc/hosts on the realservers. It
is fine for those ftp servers whose IP i know and I can then add it in the
/etc/hosts but for those whose IP I dont know and can not add to the
/etc/hosts I am not able to connect to. Has anyone faced similar problem and
found a solution to it? I would be grateful if someone can suggest
something.
Many thanks.

Arshad Khan
Department of Immunity and Infection