Re: about LVS + heartbeat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: about LVS + heartbeat
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:29:01 -0400
pb wrote:

> Addendum this this "heartbeat" setup message:
> Because I got no replies on the insides of setting up
> heartbeat on LVS or Piranha/LVS in general, I wrote
> a nifty "heartbeat" perl script that is running in the
> background on both LVS boxes.

This solves your problem. Unfortunately it produces another
implementation of heartbeat, which raises maintenance problems.
This may be quite acceptable in your situation.

Piranha has not been well supported and people in general have
had to work it out themselves.

I got heartbeat to work with my configure script recently
with help from Jesse Palmer (and am now in the process of
getting out a new version of the the configure script).
heartbeat didn't work with my configure script
either, due to the assumptions it made about the configure
script (like where it should be, the return values and
how it should be called). So as to not require users of my
configure script to have a patched version of heartbeat, I wrote
adapter scripts which sit between my script and heartbeat.