Re: Content based scheduler

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Content based scheduler
From: Martijn Klingens <mklingens@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:34:34 +0200
On Friday 13 September 2002 13:36, E. Lafont wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, but this is exactly what I want to avoid.
>
> I want LVS to accept the IP packet, look at the header and decide  (here
> goes the content scheduler) the destination server, do a routing based
> on MAC address (not ip) and send the packet to the right server, after
> this LVS will only serve to track the connection and as a  router
> between the source and the server.

That's technically impossible, because the initial packet that triggers LVS is
a mere TCP SYN packet. There is no Host: header sent over the wire until the
TCP handshake is set up.

LVS cannot make a decision what realserver to pick until the Host: header is
there, but at that point it's already too late to start using direct routing.
--
Martijn