Content based scheduler

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Content based scheduler
From: "E. Lafont" <lafont@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:58:43 +0200
Hi folks,

This is my first post in this list, so dont be rude.... :-)

I'm looking for a content based scheduler. A scheduler that can redirect httpd requests to specific machines depending on the "Host:" header of the request, also I would like to do the same for smtp and pop protocols. I only have one IP and it would be nice to do this without Proxies, the solution I'm using now, but proxies gives me more problems than solutions, so I would like to have someting similar to DirectRouting but for specific protocols.

I've read the web site and a little bit of the mailing list, and I found no correct answer to my question, yes there is the KTCPS (but I really don't know if this is a solution for me) and the "ToDo" page that says something about exploring this option.

I don't know if there is a way to solve this, because this is a problem that is half LVS and half Netfilter, but neither of those packages does the full trick.

Thanks for your work, and for any answer...

Enric