connection state

To: "Lvs List (E-mail)" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: connection state
From: Duane Bedeau <Duane.Bedeau@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:59:15 -0400
Hello all,

I have two LVS's working with in failover, one being the syncmaster and the
other being the syncbackup.  Whenever I connect to the VIP however, the
connection doesn't get replicated on the backup LVS until the connection on
the master is ended (it seems).  As a result, if I kill the master, the
connections don't get transfered over to the backup.

This is an example of what I'm seeing:

I telnet to port 80 of the VIP and on lvs-ha1 (master) I see:

[root@lvs-ha1 root]# ipvsadm -lc
IPVS connection entries
pro expire state       source             virtual            destination
TCP 14:51  ESTABLISHED thing.sez.q9.com:tftp-mcast 172.16.16.9:http
web2:http

however, on the backup (lvs-ha2) I see:

[root@lvs-ha2 root]# ipvsadm -lc
IPVS connection entries
pro expire state       source             virtual            destination

After I issue the 'GET /' on lvs-ha1 I see:

[root@lvs-ha1 root]# ipvsadm -lc
IPVS connection entries
pro expire state       source             virtual            destination
TCP 01:57  TIME_WAIT   thing.sez.q9.com:tftp-mcast 172.16.16.9:http
web2:http

The on the backup (lvs-ha2) I finally see:

[root@lvs-ha2 root]# ipvsadm -lc
IPVS connection entries
pro expire state       source             virtual            destination
TCP 02:58  ESTABLISHED thing.sez.q9.com:tftp-mcast 172.16.16.9:http
web2:http

But there is no longer a connection on the VIP yet the connection entry says
there is!

Surely this is not normal, what could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Duane