Web farms (3 VIP, 8 RIP)

To: LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Web farms (3 VIP, 8 RIP)
From: Aurélien DEHAY <aurelien.dehay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:09:34 +0200
Hello all.

We've got a little problem with a Radware (sort of hardware LVS, but not LVS), and we guessing if we could replace it by a LVS.

Here is what we want:

2 directors (1 primary, 1 backup)
3 VIP for 3 differents domains (say, a.anpe.fr b.anpe.fr and c.anpe.fr)
8 reals servers.

The problem is that the 8 reals servers doesn't support virtual hosting (well, in fact they do, but it would be too hard to change the actual state). The VIP are here just for firewalling purpose.

There is web page on a.anpe.fr redirecting on b.anpe.fr or c.anpe.fr. We want the real server serving a, b anc c to be the same for the same user (for session relating problems).

I've search the Howto, but I didn't find the answer. Does someone knows if LVS can do that?

Thanks.
--
Aurélien DEHAY