Re: Piranha/LVS/? High available System - what to use ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Piranha/LVS/? High available System - what to use ?
From: "Richard L. Allbery" <rla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:44:19 -0800
> Has anybody got a running System where the Backup LB takeover
> occurs if only 1 NIC (either External or Internal) on the Primary
> looses its connection ?

Hi Christian, I see Matt pretty much answered what I'm doing.  I have
two Directors and three Real Servers running Red Hat 7.3 with
Keepalived in a NAT configuration.  I pretty much have to agree with
Matt about his comments on Keepalived.  Alexandre has done a
wonderful thing with his software.  He's been very supportive to the
keepalived mail list as well.  Anyway, Keepalived is wonderful, does
exactly what you want, and it has very solid for me.

--
Richard L. Allbery
Technical Services Manager