Re: ldirectord 1.59 memory problems

To: LVS Users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux-HA Development List <linux-ha-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jacob Rief <jacob.rief@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, BoehmeSilvio <Boehme.Silvio@xxxxxx>, Nathan Jang <nathanj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marc Cluet <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ldirectord 1.59 memory problems
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:02:42 +0900
Apologies once again for the cross post. But in my haste to get a fix
for this problem out I made a slight error in the patch that I supplied.
Hopefully I have got it right this time.

The three patches attached to this message should resolve the reported
memory leaks when using ldirectord to monitor https services using a
negotiate check. Details of the nature of these memory leaks
can be found in the original version of this post, archived at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=103770853113815&w=2
http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2002-November/007232.html
http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/linux-ha-dev/2002-November/004531.html

a) Net_SSLeay.pm-1.21.leak.patch

   Resolves two memory leaks in Net::SSLeay Perl. Applies cleanly to
   1.21 and 1.20 and probably earlier versions. I would recommend
   using 1.21 + Net_SSLeay.pm-1.21.leak.patch

   The author Sampo Kellomak advises me that these fixes (in some form)
   will go into the next release of Net::SSLeay Perl, but that there are
   no immediate plans for a release.

b) ldirectord.1.59-1.60.patch

   Patch to allow ldirectord work around a memory leak
   in perl's socket() call.

c) ldirectord.1.60-1.61.patch

   Patch to allow b) to actually work.  Sorry about that.

The 1.61, latest version of ldirectord in CVS includes b) and c).

ldirectord is a daemon to monitor and administer real servers
in a LVS cluster of load balanced virtual servers. ldirectord typically
used as a resource for heartbeat , but can also be run from the command
line.

As per http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/, all versions
of ldirectord are most easily obtained via cvs web from
http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/linux-ha/ldirectord/

1.59

http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/linux-ha/ldirectord/ldirectord?rev=1.59&content-type=text/plain

1.60

http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/linux-ha/ldirectord/ldirectord?rev=1.60&content-type=text/plain

1.61

http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/linux-ha/ldirectord/ldirectord?rev=1.61&content-type=text/plain

As always, patches an bug reports for ldirectord are more than welcome.

--
Horms -> Breaking things. Fixing things. Fill up peoples mail boxes. Repeat