RE: [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 0.7.6

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, keepalived-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 0.7.6
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:47:31 -0800
Hi,
> After a little code holidays :) I have enhanced the code.
> Please consider
> this new release as a STABLE 1.0.0 release candidate. I would

Your girlfriend must hate you now Alexandre.  Good work. :D

>          * VRRP : Finally extend the code to support VRRP IPSEC-AH
> authentication
>            method. Created a IPSEC-AH seq_number
> syncrhonization mecanism
> during
>            VRRP MASTER/BACKUP elections.

Does this ipsec authentication's primary function cause the directors to
authenticate each other?  Or does this transfer sync data over IPsec?  Does
this mean iptables rules should allow IPSEC traffic - protocol 50/51,
udp:500?

>          * VRRP : Extended the VRRP TSM to speed up instances
> syncrhonization
>            during FAULT->BACKUP & FAULT->MASTER state transition.

What kind of speed-up are we talking about?

Peter