[ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 0.7.6

To: keepalived-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 0.7.6
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:37:18 +0100
Hi all,

After a little code holidays :) I have enhanced the code. Please consider this new release as a STABLE 1.0.0 release candidate. I would like that some users test this code and report me enventual missed bugs. After thoses eventual report, I will consider the code as enought stable to release it under 1.0.0. I will probably then fork a new code branch 1.1.0 for new features. I am currently working on VTY extension in order to administrate LVS/Keepalived/VRRP on the fly, I have based the code on zebra code, but since there is many security issues (IMHO) in this code I must delay this integration for the futur STABLE branch.

The ChangeLog for this release is :

2002-11-20  Alexandre Cassen  <acassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        * keepalived-0.7.6 released.
        * Created a common library for code modularization. This lib will
          be used by all Keepalived components (genhash + Keepalived) to
          reduce repeated and duplicated code.
        * Rewrote the genhash utility using the common lib. The design is
          similar to Keepalived core design.
        * Reviewed the autoconf and Makefiles for new code architecture.
        * Created a html utility lib for HTTP headers manipulations.
        * Extended the CHECK_HTTP and CHECK_SSL checkers to support remote
          webserver HTTP header status_code. HTTP status_code is parsed
          according to rfc2616.6.1. The keyword created for the new feature is
          "status_code" inside and "url" declaration. "status_code" feature
          can be mixed with "digest" feature. See the samples directory
          keepalived/samples/keepalived.conf.status_code for example.
        * Review the CHECK_HTTP and CHECK_SSL MD5SUM code to use a common
          stream handling function.
        * Matthijs van der Klip, <Matthijs.van.der.Klip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and I
          fixed a bug into the HTTP/SSL code that close the socket fd even
          if remote webserver has not been connected. As a result of fact,
          next socket created were imediatly closed. As a side effect, this
          altered the SMTP notification when remote webserver checked fall. No
          SMTP notification were sent if webserver were detected DOWN. Thanks
          to Matthijs for time debugging and investigation.
        * VRRP : Rewrote the previous Gratuitous ARP facility. Created a lib
          (vrrp_arp.c) dealing with PF_PACKET-SOCK_RAW-ETH_P_RARP and
          sockaddr_ll.
        * VRRP : Some cosmetics patch for messages logging.
        * VRRP : Fixed an issue during VRRP packet building, appending VRRP
          VIPs to the VRRP packet in the network order form.
        * VRRP : Reviewed the previous VRRP packet building process to not
          create the ARP header. Removec the previous hacky
          PF_PACKET-SOCK_PACKET-0x300 to use AF_INET-SOCK_RAW-PROTO to leave
          kernel appending ARP header since code doesn t currently support
          VRRP VMAC.
        * VRRP : Rewrote the previous vrrp_send_pkt() function to deal with
          sendmsg(). optimization lazzyness :)
        * VRRP : Extended the interfaces library to support common utility
          functions (if_setsockopt_hdrincl, if_setsockopt_bindtodevice, ...)
* VRRP : Finally extend the code to support VRRP IPSEC-AH authentication method. Created a IPSEC-AH seq_number syncrhonization mecanism during
          VRRP MASTER/BACKUP elections.
        * VRRP : Extended the VRRP TSM to speed up instances syncrhonization
          during FAULT->BACKUP & FAULT->MASTER state transition.
        * Some cosmetics patches. This release is proposed as a 1.0.0 STABLE
          release candidate.

bug reports and points of view are welcome,

Best regards,
Alexandre