Re: Possible Bug?- connection sync using eth1

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Possible Bug?- connection sync using eth1
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:10:53 +0100
Hello,

This has gone too long before a reply has been given, but in these days most of use are unfortunately heavily busy with other projects.

We are currently building an LVS and are close to deployment. All
machines have 2 nics- 1 public and 1 private. I want to use the private
for the connection sync daemon.

I remember having seen issues with this on the list before. It's time to write something up.

When I specify on Master Director:

--start-daemon=master --mcast-interface=eth1

and on the backup Director:

--start-daemon=backup --mcast-interface=eth1

No connection information is available on the backup using these
settings. Also, my message log for the Master Director lists:
"kernel: IPVS: ip_vs_send_async error."

Maybe routing issue. How does your setup look like? LVS method? Routing information (ip rule show && ip route show table main)?

 However, when I change the mcast-interface to eth0, the connection sync
works fine and no errors are reported.

Could you for now check with following threads on this list and see if you can get more information about your setup?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=100349750725679&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=100324869132158&w=2

Sorry for the late reply.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc