Possible Bug?- connection sync using eth1

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Possible Bug?- connection sync using eth1
From: Dave Augustus <davea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Nov 2002 15:43:45 -0600
Hello all,

We are currently building an LVS and are close to deployment. All
machines have 2 nics- 1 public and 1 private. I want to use the private
for the connection sync daemon.

2 directors: master and backup
4 realservers

All directors and realservers using same kernel: 2.4.19

ipvsadm v1.21 2002/07/09 (compiled with popt and IPVS v1.0.6)

When I specify on Master Director:

--start-daemon=master --mcast-interface=eth1

and on the backup Director:

--start-daemon=backup --mcast-interface=eth1

No connection information is available on the backup using these
settings. Also, my message log for the Master Director lists:
"kernel: IPVS: ip_vs_send_async error."

 However, when I change the mcast-interface to eth0, the connection sync
works fine and no errors are reported.

Thanks,
Dave Augustus