Re: HTTPD

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: HTTPD
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:28:05 +0100
Hello,

   I am new to the group and I have been working with LVS for the last
couple weeks so I am still fairly new to LVS clustering. I am working with
two identical Pogo-Linux machines running Redhat Advanced Server 2.1.
    My Question: Is Piranha supposed to start httpd? I have httpd enabled in
my setup but I am not running the version of Apache that came installed on
the servers, I am running a version that is on a mounted network drive. I
can start it and stop it without any problems. Following that up... should
https be started automatically (enabled through setup) and if so, on the
both the primary and secondary node? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May I ask you to address this issue to the appropriate mailinglist [1]? The reasoning behind it is that you seem to be running RH-only components which include a heavily patched kernel and a LVS manageing software suite (piranha) that is not officially supported on this mailinglist.

You might be lucky and one of the readers of both lists and with enough expertise might help you out with your problem. Generally it is wiser to address such issues on the best-suited mailinglist. This is not the best one, I'm afraid.