Re: could I setup lvs if I have more than one web server running oneach

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: could I setup lvs if I have more than one web server running oneach real server?
From: Dean Thompson <Dean.Thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:34:01 +1100
Hi!,

> Thank you for your suggestion.

> But did you mean if all my web sites based on same one ip address, I can
> just setup lvs same as only have one web site on that ip address ?

Yes, that is correct.  The assumption here is that you are actually managing
your 20 web sites on the one machine with NamedBased VirtualHosts.  That is,
you are using the VirtualHost directive.  If this is the case, then LVS
shouldn't have any problems and the configuration could proceed for the one
IP address that all the web sites are known as.

See ya

Dean Thompson

| Dean Thompson              | E-mail  - Dean.Thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| PhD Student                | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  |                                            |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |