Re: Apache Serving default host to some browsers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Apache Serving default host to some browsers
From: "Jacob Coby" <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:47:15 -0500
> OK, here is the strangest part of all ...
>
> HTTP 1.1 is enabled
> He's using the latest IE (even newer than the working version I have)
> Opera, Mozilla, and IE don't work on another machine we have.

> Correction: My boss dialed in through a modem at work and it produced the
> same error. So this is not an internal network issue.

Ok, unless there is something between the internet and the servers that is
capable of filtering out HTTP headers, or you have a strangly flaky LVS
setup, this sounds like an Apache issue, and you should either take this off
list with myself and/or ask on the Apache users list.  I would recommend
joining the Apache users list :-)

My recommendation from here is to get on your boss' computer and watch the
apache log files to see if it is logging any sort of errors (malformed
http/1.1 request; missing Host header comes to mind).  That failing, I would
start looking at the TCP data and see if the Host is being sent to the
server.  If it is, you either have an Apache configuration issue, or have
found a bug in Apache itself.

-Jacob