LVS Configuration using KeepAlived

To: "Lvs Users (E-mail)" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS Configuration using KeepAlived
From: "Rogers, Paul" <Paul.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:45:58 -0000

Dear All

Can you tell me how much of the LVS configuration is carried out by KeepAlived?

Specifically:

Director:

ifconfig command for VIP?
route command for VIP?

I assume these need to be set before the daemon starts.  Am I correct?

Does it check to ensure the various icmp redirects are set correctly?  Again I assume not.

In summary, my assumption is that the only part it deals with is the ipvsadm commands.  Is this correct?

Many thanks

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.