ipvs-1.1.x and kernel 2.5.x won't work

To: LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ipvs-1.1.x and kernel 2.5.x won't work
From: Janine Restis <jrestis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:08:13 +0100
Hi,

in hope for better performance, escpecially on SMP, I tried 2.5.50,
2.5.52 and 2.5.55 kernels on my loadbalancer. Each time using the
appropriate ipvs and ipvsadm versions, of course. Unfortunately none
worked and maybe someone already knows about the problem and can
help me. On LVS startup (using keepalived) I had the following
errors in my dmesg:

IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 44
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68

One interesting thing is that there are 8 lines with "68" and also I
have 8 servers in my pool. At the moment I don't believe this to be
only a coincidence. :)
The first one might be the virtual address or something.