Re: ipvs-1.1.x and kernel 2.5.x won't work

To: jrestis@xxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvs-1.1.x and kernel 2.5.x won't work
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:59:21 +0100
Hi Janine,

in hope for better performance, escpecially on SMP, I tried 2.5.50,
2.5.52 and 2.5.55 kernels on my loadbalancer. Each time using the
appropriate ipvs and ipvsadm versions, of course. Unfortunately none
worked and maybe someone already knows about the problem and can
help me. On LVS startup (using keepalived) I had the following
errors in my dmesg:

IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 44
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68
IPVS: set_ctl: len 92 != 68

Keepalived only support currently IPVS-1.0 branch. With the new release I will add support to IPVS-1.1 branch.

Best regards,
Alexandre