Re: LVS DR Localnode mit heartbeat?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS DR Localnode mit heartbeat?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:34:09 -0500
Uwe Kruse wrote:

> Where can i configure the script? I should start it at the begin of the
> takeover.

you put its name in haresources. It runs when you change state.

> > normal arping? Then you could route packets to the VIP.
> >

> The real server has the vip on lo:0 as a hidden device.
> In the case of a failover heartbeat starts the director on the backup, that
> was the real server. Heartbeat assigns the vip to lo:0 and not to eth0:0.

you can run a director with the VIP on anything, uncluding lo:0.
You will have to route the packets from your router to the MAC address (or the
IP) on eth0.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx