RE: Streamline Highly Availability and Load Balancing

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Streamline Highly Availability and Load Balancing
Cc: "'kpirkle@xxxxxxxxxx'" <kpirkle@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:56:45 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Peter Mueller wrote:

> > > I use redhat kernels in my setups.  I like the extensive
> > testing they get.
> >
> > You do know that redhat doesn't test any of the distributions
> > except the
> > advanced server version.
>
> ??  I have always heard (and seen Alan Cox emails to support this) that RH
> tested their kernels extensively for stability.  Did their policy change?

My recent conversations with the RH sales droids mentioned that they only
did extensive testing on the Advanced server version.  They will also only
support errate for 1 year on the normal version, 3 years on advanced
server.  He might have just been saying that to get me to buy the over
priced Advanced Server license.

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division         Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Crocker Communications                     Phone: (413) 746-2760
PO BOX 710                                 Fax:   (413) 746-3704
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710                  http://www.crocker.com