Re: [patch, ipvsadm] Standard location of libipvs files

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [patch, ipvsadm] Standard location of libipvs files
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 12:15:44 +0100
Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for the off-time, I'll get to work on your proposal soon, but I've had several issues with the military lately (luckily I got released so I'm back at work)

I've written up a trivial patch that adds installation of the libipvs header and static library under the 'install' target of ipvsadm's makefile.

Ok.

This is done to allow external programs to access libipvs from a standard location (/usr/lib/libipvs.a, /usr/include/linux/ipvs.h). The prefixes are

user space tools should not include kernel headers (which is where ipvs.h will be residing with your patch). I suggest following:

o headers go into /usr/{local}/include/ipvs/
o libraries go into /usr/{local}/lib/

fixed at the moment (as are the rest of the installation targets in the makefile), maybe I should write up a quick autoconf script for ipvsadm?

That however is even a better idea :).

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc