Re: [patch, ipvsadm] Standard location of libipvs files

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [patch, ipvsadm] Standard location of libipvs files
From: Jeremy Kerr <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:51:04 +0800
> user space tools should not include kernel headers (which is where ipvs.h
> will be residing with your patch). I suggest following:

libipvs.h depends on ip_vs.h, which is in the kernel source tree (typically
/usr/src/linux/include/net/ip_vs.h), so including a kernel header in a
user-space application is necessary (unless the application is distributed
with something similar to ip_vs.h, which seems a little redundant?). Perhaps
we should duplicate the necessary structures from ip_vs.h into libipvs.h,
making a 'user-space-only' header ??

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the role of libipvs.h, but it seems strange to
require a kernel header (ip_vs.h) in a user-space application, even
indirectly.

> That however is even a better idea :).

OK, I'll have a play with it.

The first publicly-usable version of feedbackd (0.2.0) should be out in the
next couple of days. Just ironing out some last-minute bugs.

This will be the standalone version of feedbackd, which alters ipvs tables
directly. We should get the event-passing system sorted so I can integrate
with keepalived & friends.

Jeremy