Allowing machines behind LVS balancer to access balanced hosts?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Allowing machines behind LVS balancer to access balanced hosts?
From: Nate Carlson <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:04:50 -0600 (CST)
Hey all,

I've got LVS and Heartbeat working great in a test lab for a load
balancing solution. I'm just curious if there's a way to allow the real
servers to access one of the virtual services that is being balanced.

For example, let's say I've got two virtual servers set up, 10.0.0.1:80
and 10.0.0.1:25. These are being directed to two real servers,
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. Is there a way to allow 192.168.0.1 to access
10.0.0.1:80?

I'm thinking that something could be done with iptables fairly easily, but
I'm hitting a brain block when I try to figure out exactly what.  :)

Thanks!

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   | Phone : (952)943-8700