Re: ipvs-1.0.7 README install procedure buggy

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvs-1.0.7 README install procedure buggy
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:30:57 +0900
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:18:13PM +0100, Francois Chenais wrote:
> Hello
>
> I just have build install  ipvs-1.0.7.tar.gz and discover differences between
>  README file and what really happens.
>
> Is the README out of date ?
>
> The make install doesn't install ipvadm* binaries.
> I have run make install in ipvadm directory but the ipvadm.sh shell was not
> installed because the directory /etc/rc.d/init.d doesn't exist on my machine
> (DEBIAN) It has to be installed in /etc/init.d.
>
> The modules ip_vs.o and ip_vs_wlc.o are not installed in the
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/somewhere
>
> There is no reference to those modules in ipvsadm.sh for insmod them at boot
> time.

ipvsadm.sh was written to work on Red Hat systems.
It almost certainly won't work on debian. So it is just
as well that it doesn't get installed. We probably need a
version that works on debian - and other distros.
Feel free to contribute such a script.

Aleternatively there are debian packages for ipvsadm and ipvs.
These may be better suited to your requirements for something
that installes seemlessly on your system.

--
Horms