RE: about persistence timeout problem

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: about persistence timeout problem
From: "Terry Green" <tgreen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:04:40 -0500
I sent this in last week under the subject "I think I found a minor bug in
persistence time-outs."

I observed the same behavior, and traced it down to the scenario where the
template record times out with valid connection records still counting down.
In this case, the template record is reset to 2 minutes (actually, to the value
of the IP_VS_S_TIME_WAIT constant).    When this happens, the data structure
record representing the template connection also gets altered, because any
further connections from the client reset the template record to 2 minutes (NOT
the original session persistence time).

The replies I got from Julian Anastasov [ja@xxxxxx] suggested that this
behavior was intended, (and thus, I would suggest, the documentation is
slightly inaccurate).

I didn't pursue it too far, as I this only showed up when I was using really
short persistence times for testing purposes.   I don't expect it will happen
too often or have too much impact when using a more practical session timeout
time.

Terry Green
Mitra Imaging
tgreen@xxxxxxxxx