Re: what is the best way?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: what is the best way?
From: Jeremy Kerr <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:30:55 +0800
> > I have operated a web sevrer which is based on jsp+mysql on solaris.
>
> Wow, this is going to suck a lot!! A lousy I/O performance and one of the
> worst tools on top of it. :)

If you're using a load balancing solution for performance reasons (as opposed
to increasing redundancy), then there may be a better solution: separate the
webserver from the servlet/jsp engine.

I know that with Tomcat and the jk2 connector, you can run the servlet engine
on a different machine to apache, and use a TCP socket (rather than a unix
domain socket) to pass requests to the servlet engine.

I won't go into details, because it's a little off-topic for this list. If
you'd like more info, mail me. There should be quite a few docs on the 'net
also.

Jeremy