Re: LVS cluster and bridging

Subject: Re: LVS cluster and bridging
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:48:45 -0500
Warren Volz wrote:

> I looked through the archives but couldn't find an answer to this
> question. I'm wondering if it would be possible to setup a cluster such
> that the director machine acts as a bridge for 2 networks. The application
> of such a crazy setup would be to filter web/mail traffic coming in/out of
> the network.

on the assumption that the traffic being LVS'ed and the traffic being
bridged are independant, there should be no problem doing this.

However it seems that you are using your director as a multifunction
machine. This invites problems just to save the price of an extra node.

Here's two problems you should consider before you do so.

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html#Pearthree

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.filter_rules.html#filter_rules_intro

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx