Re: Need help with loadbalancer concepts/setup

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Need help with loadbalancer concepts/setup
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 19:48:45 +0900
On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 11:31:12AM +0100, Malcolm Turnbull wrote:
> Horms wrote:
>
> >The Ultra Monkey kernel is built by taking the Red Hat kernel,
> >replacing LVS (with 1.0.7 the last time around) and adding
> >the hidden patch. So yes, the Ultra Monkey Kernel supports
> >the hidden interface capability.
> >

> Excellent thanks he's up and running now.. :-)

I should clarify this slightly. There are currently Ultra Monkey
packages for Red Hat (7.3 and 8.0) and Debian (Sid/Unstable and
Woody/Stable 3.0). The Ultra Monkey kenrels are based of the the
supplied kernels for each distribution - basically LVS and the hidden
patch are added in.

> Another question (Gee thats unlike me.) and some reflections on F5/Foundry..
>
> LVS supports the use of :0 for all ports i.e linking HTTP & HTTPS
> Or you can use firewall marks..
>
> But ldirectord doesn't allow the use of :0 as a destination, would that
> be easy to allow ?
>
>  A yes or no will do and I'll attempt to understand the code (perl
> gives me a headache).

Yes, that should be simple to allow. Look in the big, fat, ugly function
that parses the config file. I suspect the best approach will be to
allow realservers to be specified with a :0 port if that isn't already
allowed. Please send me a patch if you get it working so I can
incoporate your changes.

--
Horms