RE: New Scheduling Algorithm

Subject: RE: New Scheduling Algorithm
From: "Marko Buuri" <marko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:28:11 +0300
>For example wlc tends to hand out the requests in
>bursts, sending
>10-20 requests to a single server before moving on to the next
>one

Hello,

The SED balancing policy implemented in the latest module for kernel 2.5
should affect this behaviour. The difference of SED and existing WLC is
perhaps best coined here:
http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2003-May/008619.html

Here are simple examples of situations where WLC and SED make different
location choices, and at least in my view the latter makes better ones:
http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2003-May/008608.html

I cannot say if SED (or the new NQ) will ever be ported to 2.4 module,
but they should be simple enough for you to try yourself. I'd be happy
to hear about the results!

Regards,

Marko