Re: Net::SSLeay Won't Compile on RH9

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Net::SSLeay Won't Compile on RH9
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:33:01 +0900
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 05:00:28PM +1000, James Bourne wrote:
> If you are attempting to compile Net::SSLeay for use with ldirectord be
> prepared for some pain on RH9. See: http://www.bacus.pt/Net_SSLeay/.

Shouldn't it work if one person produces a package and then makes that
available? Besides, the fix to add "-DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5" in Makefile.PL
seems pretty straight forward.

There is also the alternative to just use ldirectord without
Net::SSLeay. The only disadvantage is that you can't check https
services. Everything else should work.

While on the subject of Net::SSLeay. Make sure that you apply the leak
patch... unless you want it to leak like a sieve when used in
conjunction with ldirectord.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=103776170206501&w=2

This is of course included in the packages which are currently
available from http://www.ultramonkey.org/. It has also
been included packages available from Debian. Though I think
that this is only in testing/unstable.

> Has anyone had any success [been brave enough] w/ Net::SSLeay on RH9?
>
> I wonder if this is one of reason ipvs was left out of the stock RH9 2.4.20
> series kernels?!

I doubt it. Red Hat has never used ldirectord in conjunction with LVS.
They use their own user-space tools which are bundled as Piranha.

--
Horms