Re: general question

To: LVS Users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: general question
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:54:01 +0900
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 06:33:26PM +0200, Markus Markert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. Juni 2003 17:45 schrieben Sie:
> > > maybe the problem is the sysctl.conf. i have the suse 8.1 distribution
> > > and there is no sysctl.conf where i can do this:
> > >   # Enable configuration of hidden devices
> > >   net.ipv4.conf.all.hidden = 1
> > >   # Make the loopback device hidden
> > >   net.ipv4.conf.lo.hidden = 1
> >
> > That would definately be a problem. Try manipulating the
> > /proc entries by hand.
> >
> > echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
> > echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/hidden
> >
> > As mentioned previously, someone told me that they needed
> > the following to get this setup to work.
> >
> > echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
>
> it only gives on suse these files:
>
> ds10:/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all # ls
> accept_redirects     arp_filter   forwarding    mc_forwarding  proxy_arp
> secure_redirects  shared_media accept_source_route  bootp_relay  log_martians
>
> medium_id      rp_filter  send_redirects    tag

In that case you don't have the patch. I guess that you must have used
the default kernel from SuSE (which I know nothing about).
Unfortunately the easiest path for you from here is to start with a
fresh kernel from kernel.org, get ipvs-1.0.9, which includes the hidden
patch, and follow the instructions in the ipvs tar ball on how to patch
the kernel.  Don't forget to add the hidden patch, which is not listed
in the README.

--
Horms