Re: Local Director

Subject: Re: Local Director
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:08:41 +0900
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 01:38:58PM +1000, mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We have a spare Cisco Local Director - Is it possible (Or adviseable?) to
> utilise this in place of the LinuxDirector?

Obviosly a lot of this people on this list are biased towards LVS.
I am one of these people. Thus I would say that it should certainly
be possible to use the Cisco Local Director in place of a Linux
Director. But unless there is a particular feature that you
need from the Cisco - in which case please tell us what it is -
then using a Linux Director is probably prefearable. For one
thing you can customise/fix it yourself.

--
Horms