Re: Local Director

Subject: Re: Local Director
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:56:01 -0400
mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Another question: Has anyone succesfully rolled-out a cluster of real-servers
> using coda? (Main reason would be for the replication of config files
> (Apache/qmail) across all real-servers) - Is this doable? Or am I better of
> using rsync?

Wensong talked about having done it a few years back. I assume it was a test
setup only. There's none in production AFAIK. Distributed file systems
are still research topics. In the beowulf mailing list, only PVFS is being
used and not all that much (it's fragile, if one node goes down, you
loose the whole FS - this doesn't matter a whole lot to beowulfers).

rsync is used often for LVS's and seems to be the way to go.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx