Re: etherIP and lvs [Solved]

Subject: Re: etherIP and lvs [Solved]
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:40:57 +0200
Hi Andy,

Glad you solved it.

I looked into this a little bit further.  The problems I was having were
mostly due to the OpenBSD firewall not keeping state on those
connections that needed to be routed by that router/etherIP bridge

Configuration mistake? Did you forget a "keep state" or was it another semantical issue?

machine.  After I got that fixed traffic would show up on the cluster
node and the node would try to reply, but I would never see the return

Do you have a scrub rule?

traffic.  So after doing a little further investigation the tcpdumps
showed me that the traffic needed to be fragmented because on that
bridge the mtu is 1280.  So I set the mtu to 1280 on the the cluster
node and everything works.

That's why I wanted all the tcpdumps :). BTW, how did you set the mtu? I hope you set it on routing level and not on link level, because then you would limit all traffic through the interface to such a low mtu.

Why is your bridge on 1280?

So you can add that as another way to geographically extend the LVS.

:)

Although it is a little inefficient since all broadcasted lan traffic
gets transmitted, but that isn't a problem for me.

You can always add a blackhole route for broadcast traffic. Put a VIP route with high prio into a separate routing table and the broadcast traffic into another one, where you add a blackhole route. The default gateway should then be in the VIP route table.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc