Re: Advanced checking for listen

Subject: Re: Advanced checking for listen
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:25:26 -0400
Chris wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running a simple configuration of 1 director and 3 real servers running
> Windows 2000. Requests are forwarded to the real servers using lvs/tun (ip
> tunnelling).

can you turn line wrap on? your paragraphs are all one line and run off the end
of the page.

> Everything is working well but the other day I encountered a problem where
> routing and remote access was not running on one of the servers. As far as
> the director is concerned, the server is working correctly as it responds and
> returns the correct debug page. However, if a request was sent to that
> server, the response would not be routed to the client.

You first need to find out where the routing is blocked. Run tcpdump on the
director, the realserver
(if you don't have tcpdump for windows, do it on the machine which is the
realserver's default gw).

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx