RE: Destination unreachable

Subject: RE: Destination unreachable
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:29:02 -0700
> > I made this config with ipvsadm himself and not with
> keepalived, because
> > i would disable the vrrp. And at the moment, it seems, that
> the error

You can disable in the configure script from source, but I don't see why
you'd want to do that.  Instead I recommend just not configuring it in
keepalived.conf

> > Are there configerrors for the vrrpd in my configfile?

Use the keepalived.org mailing lists for these types of questions for
quicker results.  It looks ok.  Be careful if you add a SLAVE director later
on, some of the configs get tricky.

> > Currently i am seeking an other NIC like 3COM, because i am not sure
> > about intel cards working correctly.
>
> The Intel NICs should be working fine with 2.4.21 (that's
> what you used,
> IIRC) as long as you use the eepro100 driver provided by Intel.

I think ratz means the e100 driver if he's talking about the Intel ones.
Don't discard Intel nics for 3coms, Intel (IMHO) is much more consistent and
better under Linux.

I've always used the eepro100 that is stock in the kernel or the Donald
Becker (www.scyld.com) version (same name as he is the original author) with
very good success, especially on 2.4.x kernels.  I've heard good and bad
results about e100, and great results about e1000... but everyone tells me
you have to fiddle with the settings for this version a lot.  So my advice
is to just stick with the known-good driver, eepro100.

Peter