Re: Destination unreachable

To: Rainer Anschober <arm@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Destination unreachable
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:39:42 +0200
Hi Rainer,

I cannot say more about this. I also cannot believe this too.
But, what make i wrong???

What about the hidden kernelpatch. Is this right, that i don't need
this, because i use NAT? Or should i use still use it?

no needs for NAT topology.

Now, i have tried following packages:
* Native Kernel 2.4.21 with ipvs patch
* Ultra Monkey Kernel

first I would highly recommand using a vanilla 2.4.21 with the latest ipvs patch. No more no less. Then try using ipvsadm tool stetting a static LVS topology. Then when your static LVS topology is working try to introduce some complexity using ultra monkey or Keepalived. But first read the nice joe's LVS-mini-HOWTO section 4.2.

A question on all who use lvs correctly for years:
Which hardware and software do you use ( versions, patches, config, ...
)???

Standard Intel box. vanilla kernel with ipvs patch (for NAT).

I cannot believe, that i must buy an blackbox for this task. But i have
no idea, what i make wrong.

Best regards,
Alexandre