Re: Again: LVS/Apache cluster freezes from time to time

Subject: Re: Again: LVS/Apache cluster freezes from time to time
From: Jan Abraham <jan_abraham@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:57:49 +0100
> where Frederic found that the switch was caching the results of arp requests.
> LVS-NAT doesn't play games with the arp tables, so if the freeze
> occurs with LVS-NAT then the switch isn't your problem.

Same issue with LVS-NAT, I've just reconfigured once again to be sure I
haven't missed a thing. But the same thing happened.

> When packets are being send from the realserver:VIP to the router,
> then the switches might notice that packets from the VIP are coming
> from different MACs.

That has looked like a hot candidate for our problems, but unfortunately
it's only on LVM-DR, and my problem stay even on LVS-NAT.

But I've rebuild my 2.4.22 vanilla kernel for the webservers once again
and... boof. The freezes were gone on 3 of 4 machines! Only one shows
still these phenomenons, the freezes last only for about 5 seconds, but
they'll repeate in smaller intervalls. Load is now at more than 100 in
average!!!

I'm REALLY confused!

Jan