Re: LVS/NAT SSL based FTP

Subject: Re: LVS/NAT SSL based FTP
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:33:40 -0800 (PST)
Joe and all,

Quick question - to date I've used weighted load
balancing with Piranha LVS but the weights are all set
to "1" so they are equal.  I've read the wieght number
is a relative one, thus my question is this, if I have
3 real servers, and want to weigh them

             100%   75%   25%

Will weights of 100, 75, and 25 work as a percent of
load for a particular service? Example I want to send
100% load for SMTP to first RS1, 75% to RS2, and 25%
to RS3.

In Piranha the weight is given per service in the
lvs.cf file like this:

------------------------
#header_stuff

virtual service_name_1 {