Re: LVS + Mon

Subject: Re: LVS + Mon
From: "Karl Kopper" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:21:01 -0800
> Hi all,
> Can anyone tell me if mon-0.99.2 is working well with a LVS-DR on Redhat
7.3
> installed director boxes?

This configuration works for me.

> I can't seem to get mon to work well at all (ie.
> mon starts ok, gives me no errors to report, and i'm using bogus ip
> addresses that do not exist on my network to test for response time and
> email notifications).

Mon likes to see the state of things change. You might try something valid
and then unplug it. Perhaps a better question for the Mon mailing list.

> Also, could anyone recommend something more updated for monitoring of
ping,
> http, https, smtp, and ftp?

Ldirectord does a great job of doing this when you want to take action on
the Director (ie, remove a real server). For raising alerts, though, Mon is
very flexible and powerful. Don't give up on Mon yet!

--Karl