RE: DNS Server

To: "'thomas.kaiblinger@xxxxxxxxx'" <thomas.kaiblinger@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: DNS Server
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:00:40 -0700
> I want to run a DNS Server on a LVS Cluster. How can I tell
> named to restart after the virtual IP Addresses are aquired
> and ready to use?
> When I start named the daemon does only listen on the real IP
> Addresses.

If I understand you correctly, you are looking to have named listen on
0.0.0.0/53.  This should be default behavior in redhat via /etc/named.conf.
If it's not default you need to edit that file and restart named.conf.

>From man named.conf:

     ip_addr
        An IP address in with exactly four elements in dotted-decimal nota­
        tion.

     ip_port
        An IP port number.  number is limited to 0 through 65535, with
values
        below 1024 typically restricted to root-owned processes.  In some
        cases an asterisk (``*'') character can be used as a placeholder to
        select a random high-numbered port.

     ip_prefix
        An IP network specified in dotted-decimal form, followed by  ``/''
and
        then the number of bits in the netmask.  E.g.  127/8 is the network
        127.0.0.0 with netmask 255.0.0.0.  1.2.3.0/28 is network 1.2.3.0
with
        netmask 255.255.255.240.

---